Doing on update on paper, due to my random laptop being unfunctional currently. It has been a long time since I last updated my blog (not just because of technical difficulties, but simply also being lazy to post any updates)
So anyway, this is definitely going to be a long post, covering the events from the March holidays, the hours spent studying for common test, the hours not studying for common test, to the actual common tests.
Tuesday 16/3, marks the beginning of the studying period for the common tests. The supposedly time slot for Geog on that day was totally a waste of time with me doing nothing much but playing computer games at home. Geog was totally uninspiring for me. My notes looked super clean since last year. Falling asleep during lectures totally didn't help in anything at all.
I would think that my super-thick physics file is heavier than me. Brought it all the way from my home to Lot 1 [the library opens at 11am]
Interestingly enough, the CCK library had lots of tables and chairs. Jefferson busied himself doing COE and DC circuits questions, with Warren sitting beside him [around a round table] attempting to attempt random G-field practice questions.
That day was no exception for me. It passed as fast as it came. Farah joined us for just a short while. After the usual walk around the food court with the all too familiar question in my mind "what to eat?..", Warren and I joined the long queue for pepper lunch. And this "gei kiang" Warren "guai lan" go choose the zai spot to sit. Saw a random mediacorp artiste.
My summation of series tutorial was finally completed from last year on Thursday. I can't believe that 6 tutorial questions took me such a long time to complete. Azmira was studying carbonyl compounds on that day. Organic chem is so much easier compared to maths.
Warren was walking around Lot 1 all by himself [aw, so poor thing]. I packed my stuff and went to look for him. Weather in CCK is totally random.., it managed to rain heavily on the CCK MRT station without the slightest drop of rain at South View LRT station. Upon alighting the train, the pressure difference between the colder air "outside" the platform and the warmer air "inside" the platform caused a horizontal displacement of air particles into the station. The wind was cold.
Given the more limited choices of food at Lot 1, lunch was a meal at Long John Silvers'. When I ordered the 2 piece fish meal, the person at the counter was like "why not try our new meal?" So anyway I bought it (even though i wanted to eat fish) Soon after DeFa came in LJS and walked out to buy bee hoon o_O. After eating the oily food, we relocated to the familiar food court upstairs. While DeFa was studying summation, Warren was wasting time stoning. After a long persuasion, he took out the 2009 maths common test paper to do.
[insert pic]
Warren had no idea that the shortest distance from point A to a plane is the magnitude of AN, where N is the foot of perpendicular form point A to the plane.
After Jefferson came, Warren was stoning even more.. As usual, Warren didn't do very well for Jefferson's test.
Note to Warren: do not ANYHOW indicate the origin on any line unless stated or implied in the question.
Friday was the day my laptop officially broke down. The screen turns blank, and it switched off by itself. Facebook said I was 97% lucky.
Then again, I managed to study the whole of organic chemistry - alkanes, alkenes, arenes, halogen derivatives, hydroxyl compounds, carbonyl compounds, carboxylic acids and derivatives, and nitrogen compounds. So it was pretty balanced. One nitrogen compounds question is as follow:
[insert diagram]
Anyone who has the an answer, kindly leave a short note in my tagboard. Your effort is greatly appreciated.
Last two days of holidays and I am supposed to be studying for my H1 Geog paper on Monday. focus on Saturday was the whole of lithosphere. Yet, I only studied the plate tectonics theory, Linton's hypothesis, Palmer and Nelson's hypothesis, and the rocky cycle.
Sunday was a boring day for me. I didn't study anything for global
as William said "GG-fied"
Geog paper on Monday was soft and hard. Ms Tan was 'smiling' at my sketch of tors/castle koppies/tafoni. Went to toilet to get some "inspiration" Didn't finish the whole paper.
Qns 1 - sketch of granite landform [which was either tors or castle koppies (definitely not tafoni - lol shawn)]
Bing Han: TNC = govt..
Hess' Law states that the energy change of a reaction is the same no matter what path the reaction takes, provided the initial and the final are the same.
- Warren
By the time I reached home on Monday, I was already too exhausted to study for anything. That always change after a good shower.
Things left to study for chem:
- secondary structure of proteins
- chemical energetics
- chemical equilibrium
- reaction kinetics
- periodicity
- Group II
Next day morning, woke up at the usual time to do the usual stuff before going to school. Was reading organic synthesis. The last few minutes before assembly and I took out my physical and inorganic chem notes
Paper 1 was definitely a difficult paper. Some of the questions got me stunned. Even the organic section was challenging.
Paper 2 was more manageable. I had just enough time to write out my answers. The question on Maxwell Boltzmann Distribution Curve was blank for me. To think I actually told Warren to study for that. LMAO.
I didn't bring IC on that day. Perhaps I left it at home..
Woke up at 10am with plenty of sleep from last night. The maths paper contained many proving questions. No more other comments for the paper.
The day for the physics paper didn't go well. Both paper 1 and paper 2 were difficult and challenging. Though the data analysis question was fairly easy, almost no one had the time to fully complete the paper. But enough of that..
The rest of the day was allocated to celebrate the end of the common tests, with the usual people eating at Safra Jurong. The food there is enough for my lunch and dinner.
Friday was sibei fun. =P
Went to Sheng Shiong to shop for BBQ stuff. We bought lots of random stuff. LOL we even bought whole squids and prawns. The 6 of us headed back to Stacy's house to marinate the chicken wings and cut the squid. Debbie was trying to feel for stuff to pick up in the squid when she took out a dead fish of about 6 cm. Apparently this poor squid was caught just after eating its meal. Zikang was really professional in fine chopping the garlic. Marinating the chicken was the most fun part with random quantities of oyster sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic and ginger.
Woke up early morning for school (on a Saturday =.=). The AV room wasn't open yet!! Luckily the schedule had allowed us enough time for slacking.
Team A and B had funny performances..
Jerome did a random dance with the Kitaro music. The singing was terrible yet funny. Everyone had chicken rice for lunch.
The station tests were more random. There were 6 stations - canteen, LT4, hall, concourse, classroom 1 and 2. Lol. Everyone told the juniors the wrong directions but surprisingly, it ended by 4pm, just in time to set up the fire.
The fire was burning and the food prepared - cooking time!! 5 packets of hotdog and I didn't even eat one =.=. o_O the marinated chicken wing tasted nice, especially with honey. After eating, the group sat down on the track. While Debbie was asking what games to play, some of the boys came back with a styrofoam box with something inside >> make a guess!! =)
Packing up took like half an hour. We were out of the school around 9pm.
It was a fun day XP
Sunday - stoning at home.
actually tried doing P&C tutorial and electrochem(II) tutorial.
This week is supposed to be the week that we got back out common test results~~
physics paper 1 - 9/25 (46%)
totally expected.
GP paper 2 - 20.5/50 (41%)
better than I thought, lol
from the way ms leong and ms tan go through the answers, I already knew im gonna fail geog..
chem paper 1 - 22/30 (73.3%)
chem paper 2 - 51.5/70 (73.6%)
yes ah!!
GP paper 1 - 24/50 (48%)
it's ok.. I guess o_O
physics paper 2 - 38/80 (47.5%)
slightly better than expected..
Maths - 77/100 (77%)
haha thought I only gotten a B
OVERALL GRADES
General Paper - 44.5/100 (S)
Mathematics - 77/100 (A)
Chemistry - 73.5/100 (A)
Physics - 47/110 (S)
Geog - [undetermined, but most probably U]
Finally got a break on Good Friday. Weather was hot at Mt Vernon Crematorium..
Waited 1hr in queue at the bank before getting back my laptop =D
also made the ATM card.
[now left my IC gone..]
all my data were lost, so I've to re-download everything..
I finished typing everything!!
this is definitely a long post =P